Education & Credentials:
• Bachelor’s in Communications (Journalism Major) from the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus.
• Juris Doctor from the Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, School of Law
María has over 13 years of experience working in the administration, coordination and management of federal funds and contracts,
both in the private and public sectors. Right before joining Business Atelier, María served as Director of Operations & Administration
for the CDBG-DR Program, a $20 billion disaster recovery funding under the Puerto Rico Department of Housing. Among her
responsibilities were managing daily operations to include the design, approval, and implementation of various strategic initiatives to
promote a healthy fiscal administration focused on agility and responsiveness.
María earned a Juris Doctor degree from the Interamerican University of PR and is currently pursuing her PMP certification from the
Project Management Institute, as well as the CGMS Credential from the National Grants Management Association.
Areas of expertise include:
• Grant & Contract Management
• Compliance & Execution
• Research and application of grants and contract opportunities tailored to target the business needs and culture
• Strategic Planning Direction
• Efficiency Improvement
As an entrepreneur, María adds an integrated view of operations, helping teams identify alternatives to deliver the best overall
improvement in performance while increasing your company’s resilience. She will also help identify, apply, and leverage multiple
funding sources and contracting opportunities -i.e., grants, RFPs- and will provide the needed support throughout their lifecycle, in
order to make your business thrive.